Material Handling (1100 × 450 px) (1920 × 600 px) (1)
Traditional Shafted Screw Conveyors
Shafted screw conveyors are used in thousands of industrial applications every day for efficiently conveying a variety of bulk materials. A shafted screw conveyor’s main function is to transfer bulk materials from one process to another. Shafted screw conveyors are very cost-effective and require minimal maintenance to operate.
Advantages of Using Shafted Screw Conveyors
- Ideal for handling dry to semi-fluid materials – free-flowing to sluggish.
- Cost-Effective when compared to other conveying devices, such as belt, pneumatic or aero-mechanical conveyors.
- Efficiently distributes bulk materials to various locations using multiple inlet and discharge points.
- Require minimal maintenance due to very few moving parts.
- Totally closed for corrosive or hazardous requirements, as well as minimal product spillage.
- Available in many configurations.
- Designed based on industry standards and are modular in construction providing flexibility for a variety of applications.
Screw conveyors are available in a variety designs as well as standard sizes ranging from 4″ to 24″ diameter and capabilities to manufacture as large as 120″ diameter with flights as thick as 2″. They can be constructed out of a variety of metals such as Mild Steel, Galvanized Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum, Hastalloy, Monel, Inconel and many other alloys.