While our counters remain closed to our customers, we are returning to our regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 7am to 5pm.
As has been the case for the last two months, we remain dedicated to providing you the best industrial solutions through all means possible that are in line with CDC guidelines. When you need components, we will arrange non-contact pickup for you, or we can ship via UPS. Simply contact your branch by phone or email between 7 and 5 and we will provide the same high quality solutions you’ve always expected from us across the last six decades – just at a distance.
Sometimes you might need our help identifying a part. In this case, you can still rely on our experts at the counter. When at all possible, please contact us in advance to set up an appointment. If you’re not able to set up an appointment with us, please make sure to call the number on our door and wait for someone to come outside to you (rather than simply entering as you would have before the pandemic).
And, as always, if you need service outside of our regular business hours, the After Hours Emergency Line is here for you.
We do not yet know when our counters might open again, as we can’t yet predict when it will be safe for you and for our employees. Rest assured, we will notify you when any changes occur. Expect another email when it’s deemed safe to visit our counters again.
We look forward to seeing you in person when the time is right, and we hope your employees and families remain safe and well.
Since our last update, much remains the same. Our counters are closed, but we are still open to serve you between the hours of 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday, or 24/7 with our After Hours Emergency Line.
One thing that has changed is that we are now enhancing our employees’ safety and better accommodating Social Distancing by having a portion of our staff working from home. They may not be physically in the office, but they have access to the same resources digitally and through their colleagues that remain in the office. You shouldn’t notice any difference to your service based on this new safety measure.
We wanted to also update you and quell any possible fears you might have that your service may be interrupted: The supply chain remains strong. No shortages have been reported as of today.
ErieTec continues to monitor the situation on a daily basis and we have developed a number of contingency plans to ensure we will still be able to service our customers regardless of the situation. If you have any questions for us, please reach out by phone or email. As an essential part of society, we are here to support all your industrial needs.
Beginning Monday, March 30, 2020, ErieTec will be changing our hours to 8-5. Our counter service remains unavailable, but all customers can call or email us and we will ship products or arrange a non-contact pick-up outside our warehouse.
Why is ErieTec Still Open?
ErieTec continues to operate in order to provide solutions for our customers. We have changed our daily operations in accordance with guidance from the CDC, closing our counter service to maintain no-contact with customers, requiring our employees to practice social distancing if they feel well and to remain home if they don’t, and we are re-evaluating the situation as often as necessary.
We wanted to provide some further information about why we remain open, just in case anyone had any questions after Governor Tom Wolf’s recent announcement that only life-sustaining businesses are to remain open. His announcement came with a list of the industries that must close, and ErieTec is categorized as both Machinery, Equipment, and Merchant Supplies Wholesaler and Electrical and Electronic Goods Merchant Wholesaler, which are allowed to remain open. While we provide solutions for our customers that help save them money, we also provide necessary parts to keep their life-sustaining operations running. Our customers are food and beverage makers, equipment producers, hospitals, water and sewage utilities, power generating stations, and so many more. Distribution is a critical facet in life-sustaining business, so we continue to provide 24/7 service as has been our primary focus for more than 60 years here in Pennsylvania.
Nothing is more important to us than our community, our customers, and our employees, so we are heeding all regulations and recommendations in order to slow the spread of this global pandemic.
As we provide a necessary service to sustaining our society, we will continue to remain open and don’t foresee any interruptions in service, barring extreme changes. We will continue to update you as the situation changes.
We remain dedicated to providing service to you, our valued customers. ErieTec currently has no plan to reduce or stop operations at any of our branches. We remain fully staffed and doing our best to stay in front of the risks while providing for our customers. We will continue to operate as such unless there is an extreme shift in the transmission of this virus – or unless we are ordered to close.
Our newest updates, effective tomorrow, March 19, 2020:
- We will suspend our counter service until further notice
- Orders can be placed by phone or email and will be shipped out UPS or we can arrange for a pick-up outside of our building, ensuring non-contact for your safety and ours
- Purchases must be made on a terms account or via credit card. We are suspending cash payments in order to maintain no contact and reduce the spread of the virus
- We will not be requiring signatures for any shipments other than UPS or truck freight, in order to reduce contact and increase the ease of you receiving your products
As the novel coronavirus, COVID-19, continues to spread worldwide and within the United States, more organizations like ErieTec, Inc. are taking proactive steps to ensure the health and well-being of their employees, customers and communities. With the effects of the outbreak being felt more each day, we wanted to reach out and share what we have been doing so you know you can continue to rely on ErieTec.
- We’re encouraging all employees to take common-sense health precautions recommended by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), such as frequent hand washing and avoiding events with large crowds of people.
- We’re requesting that our employees stay home when they are sick and not return to work until they are fever free for 24 hours without the use of medication.
- We’re communicating with our suppliers on a regular basis to ensure we’re on top of any supply chain issues. As of this email there has been no effect on our suppliers’ abilities to meet our deliver requirements, including those with facilities in China.
- We are currently working on contingency plans in the event that the virus reaches our counties and our employees are directly impacted. We do not anticipate any major disruption to our 24/7 service.
- We are in a strong position to assist you with any product shortage issues you may encounter with other local suppliers. Please do not hesitate to contact your sales or customer service representative to find out how we can be of service to you.
While it is impossible for anyone to predict the spread of COVID-19 and fully understand its impact, it does not change our focus on continuing to serve you. Our goal is to prevent any service disruptions as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak.
President, ErieTec, Inc.